Homemade Marinara Sauce May 31, 2008Posted by live2cook in Sauces and Gravies.
Tags: Homemade Marinara Sauce Basil Oregano
This is my version of Marinara Sauce.
1 (28 ounce) can Diced Tomatoes
1 (6 ounce) can Tomato paste
2 Cloves Garlic
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 Tsp dried basil
1/2 Tsp dried oregano
1/2 Tsp black pepper powder
1 Tsp salt
1 Tsp sugar
1. Chop the onion and mince the Garlic.
2. Heat the olive oil in a heavy bottomed pan.
3. Add the onion and garlic. Cook until translucent.
4. Grind the diced tomato and tomato paste in a blender until smooth.
5. Add to the onion. Mix in the herbs, salt and sugar.
6. Simmer for 20 minutes.