An unusual Burger June 5, 2008Posted by live2cook in out of the griddle, Sandwiches.
Tags: Mor Kali Burger Patties Buttermilk
One night, I decided to prepare “Mor Kali” (Mush made with Buttermilk and Rice Flour) for dinner. There was plenty of yogurt sitting in my fridge, ready to go sour. I thought Mor kali would be a good idea to use it up. When I began talking about my plan for dinner, DH replied “Oh! the sticky play dough!”. It was obvious that it was going to be just me who would be eating it. But, it was such a day that I was not in a mood to search for any other recipes. So I decided to prepare mor kali anyway, but, serve it in an appealing way. How can I make Mor kali appealing? Out of the blue, I decided to make it into a patty. I served it like a burger and DH ate the Mush without Fuss!🙂
1 cup Rice flour
1 1/2 cups Buttermilk
2 tsp Salt
1 tsp oil
1 tsp Urad dhal
1 tsp Chana dhal
1/2 tsp Black mustard seeds
1/4 tsp Fenugreek seeds
2-3 Red chillies
2-3 Dahi Chillies (optional)
3-4 Curry leaves
a pinch of Asafetida
1. Heat the oil in a large pan.
2. Add Mustard and Fenugreek seeds. When they splutter, add Asafetida, Dhals, Chillies, Curry leaves and cook til the dhals turn golden brown.
3. pour the buttermilk and add the salt. Bring to a boil.
4. Add the rice flour slowly while mixing continuously.
5. Reduce the heat and keep stirring until the mush starts to form like a ball.
6. Turn the heat off and cover the pan with a plate.
7. Allow to cool. Shape like patties.
8. Heat a griddle and drizzle with oil. Place the patties in the griddle and brown on one side. Turn and brown the other side.
9. Spread the ketchup on one half of the roll and the Mustard on the other. Layer with lettuce, onion tomato, cheese and the patties. Serve warm.